Thursday, January 24, 2019

good news

  

When I began writing this post, I was going to share the above newspaper article on my work with my press, Tinderbox Editions and the acceptance of a poem from the manuscript-in-progress, but that single acceptance has turned into five.

I have started a tab where I will link to the poems as they are published called "Poems in the Wild."

This month includes acceptances for poems from the manuscript-in-progress from DIAGRAM, Sierra Nevada Review, Valparaiso Poetry Review, Up the Staircase Quarterly, and SWWIM. I also just received the galleys for a poem I have coming out in the next issue of Orion, which is extraordinarily surreal for me.

I'm not far into the collection yet, and a lot of that has to do with my desire to immerse myself in the science of the manuscript. I'm feeling confident about the underlying narrative, the humanity that will become a part of the work, but I also am looking to do some deep dives in geography, topography, landscape, inner workings of the earth--the nitty gritty. Immersive observation.

I'm grateful to all of these yeses from the editors of these journals I admire so much and to the encouraging notes I've gotten on the declines. This kind of feedback so early on gives me the confidence I need to keep moving forward: thank you to all the editors for that work, for giving our pieces homes, for inviting them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment