Saturday, December 22, 2018

bell: with research assistants


After a solo trip, my children, wriggling and sweet with curiosity, begged to go to the Bell, and it wasn't hard for me to say yes. It's the first day of winter break, and I have much to reflect on by way of reading (not just scientific research, but also deep dives into poetry collections), but before I do that, here's another photographic reflection on our walk-through this day-after-solstice. I noticed new things (above, bezoar--a cow hairball; further in, just below the polar bear paws is the start of an earth core, a display I know I'll need to return to and meditate on) but the real pleasure was watching my two littles experience the exhibits for the first time. (For the record, their favorite is an interactive mating dance done with a sandhill crane; my son kept doing it again and again and again. Bow, flap, leap!) I love this place.


No comments:

Post a Comment